PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to set default view in nautilus

Ghost_Mazal
April 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Lo all,

How can I set the default view in nautilus to "list". List is my prefered view type and I want to set it that nautilus automatically open every folder everywhere with "list" view.

Thank you

anejo
April 30th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I have to ask... because I reread your post a few times just to make sure that I wasn't misreading your request... but you're serious?

in Nautilus
> Edit > Prefs > Default View > and select from "View new folders using" drop-list

Ghost_Mazal
April 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I have to ask... because I reread your post a few times just to make sure that I wasn't misreading your request... but you're serious?

in Nautilus
> Edit > Prefs > Default View > and select from "View new folders using" drop-list

Oi oi oi , I can not believe the easy things I miss sometimes:oops:

Thank you

fraserj
April 12th, 2013, 12:24 AM
This thread still ranks high in google so plz pardon the resurrection of a dead thread. The OP's question is quite relevant now.

Problem: Nautilus has been neutered and simple things are no longer so simple. So, if anybody needs to know how to fix Nautilus, this is a likely place for solutions. Unfortunately the latest Nautilus doesn't do basic file-manager duties like split view, list view, or even "expanded tree" view. All of these are now designed to take multiple mouse-clicks and extra keystrokes while taking up extra space and generally being a nuisance. Gnome3 is largely to blame.

Nemo is a drop-in replacement for Nautilus and the only fix for this problem AFAIK. You can get it at the Cinnamon PPA.