PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04-Adding Day/Date to Panel in Fallback

raphifix
April 30th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Hey guys:

I'm using fallback mode in 12.04 and after searching through settings and "the Google," I cannot seem to find out how to add the day and date to the top panel. I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks! :)

LarsKongo
April 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Alt+super(windows button)+right click on the panel. Select add to panel (or something like that.) There you can find the classic digital clock.

raphifix
April 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Alt+super(windows button)+right click on the panel. Select add to panel (or something like that.) There you can find the classic digital clock.

I'm aware of that applet. However, I want to keep the Indicator Applet on the panel as well. Is there any way to remove the clock from the Indicator Applet?

raphifix
May 1st, 2012, 05:29 PM
Bump? I can't be the only one having this problem.

M@dinko12
May 3rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
No, you're not :) .

edit : sudo apt-get remove indicator-datetime

raphifix
May 4th, 2012, 02:01 AM
No, you're not :) .

edit : sudo apt-get remove indicator-datetime

Thanks for the work-around. I wish there was a way to simply add the day/date to the indicator-applet-complete as opposed to using the separate clock applet.

MonkeyPaw
May 4th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Maybe I don't understand exactly what you are wanting. For me, I click on the time, then "Date & Time Settings." Click on the Clock tab and there's the options to select what shows.

raphifix
May 4th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Maybe I don't understand exactly what you are wanting. For me, I click on the time, then "Date & Time Settings." Click on the Clock tab and there's the options to select what shows.

Here's what I'm working with:

:confused:

raphifix
May 5th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Here's what I'm working with:

:confused:

Bump...

QDR06VV9
May 5th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Hold Down Alt+Super Right Click on panel add to panel Then Choose Clock, And then I just Removed Indicator with just the time:)
Then Just Add the Indicator Applet back..

kansasnoob
May 5th, 2012, 11:43 PM
You might see if these are helpful:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11900657&postcount=12

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

raphifix
May 6th, 2012, 12:07 AM
You might see if these are helpful:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11900657&postcount=12

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

Perfect! I installed the standard indicator applet and placed it alongside the clock applet. Much better.

Thanks!:)

Duncan J Murray
August 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
A better solution than the one above (the date/time applet has an ugly calendar, which doesn't seem to integrate with evolution).

Got this from askubuntu:

1. Install dconf-tools (sudo apt-get install dconf-tools)

2. Run dconf-editor

3. Navigate to com>canonical>indicator>datetime

4. Select what you want

This should then allow the 'complete' to have the day and date.

D

dwb814
August 24th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks, just what I needed :p

silvagroup
August 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I also have had the same problem since upgrading to 12.04, no time/date, nada on panel just tried what you suggested and still nothihng.
I even unchecked everything closed and rechecked to see if it would refresh and work and nothing.

ka1axy
August 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks, just what I needed :p

And I as well -- thank you!

(gripe mode)
Canonical: Many of us liked the old interface. Perhaps you could package up a "classic desktop" and make a few friends? I have had to download two configuration tweakers, innumerable packages (it seems) and lots of Googling to get things back to the classic look that I was used to. And I still need to edit the theme because I'm picky and I want the old one back.

Oh, and was it really necessary to replace "right click" with "alt-windows-right click"?
How is that intuitive and how does it make my life easier?
(gripe off)

bashologist
September 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
ka1axy i agree with that above statement 100%
had to make the switch from 10.04 to get my nice shiny new graphics card to play audio over hdmi, now i'm on this 12.04... :(

thanks for your thread, that's another one of the many problems solved hopefully (still working on it, but i think this will work)

i hate when people say "just use the classic desktop thing if you don't like uniity". i wish it was that easy.

if you uninstalled indicator-datetime like the previous page suggested then there's no config for datetime.

sudo apt-get install indicator-datetime
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.datetime show-date true
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.datetime show-day true