PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem after login

Cozzy77
April 30th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hi i'm new to this forum and i hope this is in the right place but if not i apologize.

So what happened is earlier today i upgrade to ubuntu 12.04 lts via the update manager and now it lets me login but once i've logged in it shows my background (which is a default background) and nothing else appears. It wont let me right click or anything and nothing comes up. please can anyone help. i'm fairly new to ubuntu so i don't know what i am doing. thank you

oldfred
April 30th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Are you just getting a terminal to log-in not the gui? Have you tried recovery mode and any updates it offers?

Whyrl
May 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm seeing a similar issue with my Xubuntu 12.04 upgrade. After I log in I get my desktop background and nothing else appears. If I wait a minute or so then my Xfce session appears as expected. This only started happening after the upgrade.

If I try logging in via the console then I get a shell prompt almost straight away.

I tried creating a new user account and experienced the same issue, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my user configuration.

mips
May 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Try this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11906820