PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Integrating gmail in 12.04

bigbudz
April 30th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I set gnome gmail as my default application for mail. But I would like for the mail symbol in the upper right to light up when I have new mail. Antone have any idea how to do this? I use Ubuntu 12.04.

Rifester
April 30th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Install gm-notify->Open gm-notify->set your user name and password->integrated!

bigbudz
April 30th, 2012, 04:37 AM
awesome thanks. Works great. Do you know how to set it as the default email client? so mailto links will open in gmail.

tvor
May 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Very good question, I would like to have this to send pictures from shotwell. Thanks!

markbl
May 1st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Do you know how to set it as the default email client? so mailto links will open in gmail.

apt-get install gnome-gmail

Rifester
May 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Markbl! Sorry it took a while to respond, but I can confirm this is what I use as well.

bigbudz
May 2nd, 2012, 02:05 AM
Thanks

tvor
May 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
This is great, thank you. Now the question if how sync the contact from Gmail to show in Shotwell dialog when sending...... Anybody?

markbl
May 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
This is great, thank you. Now the question if how sync the contact from Gmail to show in Shotwell dialog when sending...... Anybody?
I haven't tried this but you should configure your gmail account in Settings/Online Accounts and then make sure your gmail contacts setting is on. You have then linked your google contacts into Ubuntu but I am not sure Shotwell will use them?

eric-yorba
May 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
I haven't tried this but you should configure your gmail account in Settings/Online Accounts and then make sure your gmail contacts setting is on. You have then linked your google contacts into Ubuntu but I am not sure Shotwell will use them?
Shotwell will just fire off your default email program, so if you set gnome-gmail as the default it should work.