PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Google Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Google Chrome for Linux worked very well with ubuntu 10.04.

However, on ubuntu 12.04 I face the following problems as of now:
1) The tabs don't seem to work as seamlessly as they did earlier. I can pick up one tab and split it into a different window, but I cannot put that tab back into an existing window. Only new windows can be created.

2) Videos in youtube have a funny colour. Seems to be flash plugin error maybe, but as chrome comes with in-built flash plugin, I don't know what the problem is.

Kindly help with suggestions.

P.S.: I am using a 32 bit desktop. I have NVIDIA proprietary drivers installed.

markbl
April 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know about 1) but 2) is not specific to 12.04. It started on 11.10 about one month ago when adobe introduced a bad tint bug to the flashplayer update. Really annoying bug and completely lackluster response by adobe to address it so far. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adobe-flashplugin/+bug/967091.

lovinglinux
April 29th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Google Chrome for Linux worked very well with ubuntu 10.04.

However, on ubuntu 12.04 I face the following problems as of now:
1) The tabs don't seem to work as seamlessly as they did earlier. I can pick up one tab and split it into a different window, but I cannot put that tab back into an existing window. Only new windows can be created.

2) Videos in youtube have a funny colour. Seems to be flash plugin error maybe, but as chrome comes with in-built flash plugin, I don't know what the problem is.

Kindly help with suggestions.

P.S.: I am using a 32 bit desktop. I have NVIDIA proprietary drivers installed.

I can reproduce problem 1, but I don't have a solution. Must be a Chrome bug.

About problem 2, see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1953796. Although some of the solutions require to use Firefox, they will work with Chrome as well.

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Unchecking the tick on "Enable Hardware Acceleration" worked. Bye-bye Smurfs :P