PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Redundant Unity Interface in Dual Monitor Ubuntu

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I have a dual-monitor workstation which had ubuntu 10.04 until 3 days back when I upgraded to 12.04.

I still have the workstation running, now with 12.04, but now both the monitors have the unity interface sticking to them (have attached a screenshot for reference), unlike how the menu used to be in the primary monitor earlier. Is there way I can clear the clutter from one of the screens?

P.S.: I have installed proprietary NVIDIA drivers. Before doing this, ubuntu gave me the same image on both my monitors.

howefield
April 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Go to System Settings > Displays and change as required.

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cool! It had somehow missed me :)

Thanks a ton!

confy
April 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
What to do if "Laptop" screen is only right screen and you can place "Launcher" only on middle of right screen?

Here is funny screenshot:

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
In NVIDIA X Server Settings, in the X Server Display Configuration, in Display play around with the Position value of the screens. You should be able to figure out the correct layout applicable to your configuration.

To be able to save the configuration, you will need to run this program as root. To do this you will need to give:

$ sudo nvidia-settings

(You probably know the command already, otherwise you wouldn't have reached here :) )

blitzit
April 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Just curious, what is the thing to the right edge of your screenshot - the one which mentions system stats? :) Interesting add-on :)

howefield
April 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Just curious, what is the thing to the right edge of your screenshot - the one which mentions system stats? :) Interesting add-on :)

Looks like conky.

Here's a thread devoted to it...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865&page=1966

Eklipze3k
May 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for this, just installed 12.04 and am just getting used to it. Is there anyway to stop the mouse 'freezing' when going from screen1 to screen2?

Edit: Ignore me, just saw the option in the same screen :oops: