PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet and dual boot

keltischdeutscher
April 29th, 2012, 04:18 AM
So I'm an absolute noob when it comes to ubuntu and wanted to try out 12.04. When I booted from the CD, it gave no option to install alongside Windows so I followed a partitioning tutorial (requiring a new table) and it only boots Ubuntu now (never partitioned before so I don't know anything about it and can't find anything about restoring the windows boot). After around 3 hours of using Ubuntu, my internet connection randomly cut out. Recognizes an Ethernet connection, but nothing involving a connection works, and I wasn't able to find a fix online for that either. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it :-|

jadtech
April 29th, 2012, 04:36 AM
i bet some one will be know how to get your wireless back to functioning how ever if you just booted from a live CD and went directly to partition and install you may have partitioned the whole drive for ubuntu and sapped window completely ..

in the mean time maybe give as many details about the computer as you can brand , HDD size, video card how much ram, is it 64 bit or 32 bit ..

keltischdeutscher
April 29th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I'm assuming that my windows is gone so I've coped with that... lol. It's a 500GB HD (most of my windows data was on my tb hd), AMD 6630 HD, 64bit, i7-2620, 4gb ram, and I had set ubuntu to 70gb during the partitioning step.

jadtech
April 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I'm assuming that my windows is gone so I've coped with that... lol. It's a 500GB HD (most of my windows data was on my tb hd), AMD 6630 HD, 64bit, i7-2620, 4gb ram, and I had set ubuntu to 70gb during the partitioning step.

well if you shrunk the windows volume before makeing the ext4 parttion windows maybe survived if this is the case a window repair cd can fix the MBR if that is all that is hurt ..