PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] [12.04] Home lens Not Working

furlopunk
April 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I updated my laptop to Ubuntu 12.04. while playing around with the new unity, i have come to realize my lens's aren't working. when i search, nothing happens and there are no recent files or applications that are being show. i do not want to have to downgrade to 11.04. thanks for your help.

grahammechanical
April 28th, 2012, 09:02 PM
To get recent files showing we first have to use some files. Likewise with recent applications.

You should be able to see all your applications by clicking on the application lens icon. The second one in from the left on the bottom row.

There is a kind of database running behind the Dash. It may need a bit of time to update its records.

Regards.

furlopunk
April 28th, 2012, 09:33 PM
To get recent files showing we first have to use some files. Likewise with recent applications.

You should be able to see all your applications by clicking on the application lens icon. The second one in from the left on the bottom row.

There is a kind of database running behind the Dash. It may need a bit of time to update its records.

Regards.

i have been using 12.04 since the day it came, which was 2 days ago. it wouldn't take that long to record the use of a file and update the database would it?

Krytarik
April 29th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Please see this earlier thread - specifically, try clearing both Zeitgeist's database and Software Center's cache; I'd start with the latter:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1911109

Regards.

furlopunk
May 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Fixed the issue. there was a problem when i updated from 11.04 to 12.04. there was a change in the user files but the files were not converted when i updated. just created a new user, copied the files over, deleted the old user, and all is well. thanks for your help.