PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wubi Install Purple Screen

SuperTeece
April 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I initially had a problem that was fixed by the "nosetmode" command (which should this exists this many versions later?) Wubi completed the install but now, once I get past the GRUB screen, the boot halts at a purple background.

A quick forum search yielded nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
TC

SuperTeece
April 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I've attempted to to a boot from live cd install but am not having luck there either. I don't see where I get the opportunity to use the nosetmode work around, if that is what I need to do. See the nifty video I made in the link below :)

DropBox - Ubuntu_live_cd_boot.mp4 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7831022/Ubuntu_live_cd_boot.mp4)

Thanks,
TC

SuperTeece
April 28th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Ok, through random button mashing after selecting recovery mode in GRUB, I managed to get into Unity and install the Nvidia restricted drivers.

Rebooted

Logged in fine! So that's good, now how do I make it use my second monitor? In display settings it thinks I'm using a laptop... huh?

On to another forum search.... average computer users wouldn't do all of this just to install an OS. I find the challenge enjoyable... my wife would kill it with fire and buy an HP from BestBuy with whatever Microsoft is putting out at the moment.