PDA

View Full Version : An idea of the earth spiraling corkscrew like around the sun

sdowney717
April 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Think of the Sun moving thru space-time. It does move and I read quite fast. Everything is space is moving fast relative to something else.

Think of the Sun, dragging behind it in a gravity train, a motley collection of planets, planetoids and other cosmic oddities, all revolving in a sense around the sun, a corkscrew pattern of motion, as the sun pulls this train along behind it.

How exaggerated could this effect be? How much of an angle to the forward motion versus a simple flat plate or orbital movement? Is every planet rotating around the sun in the same rotational plane? OR, is this truly like a train with planets coupled together by gravity and strung out behind the sun.

Does you think this has some possibility?

A very short video of the concept.
This video shows them all in the same plane, another one shows them more like a train.
The group which pushed this out seems metaphysically etc...inclined.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3nT6oNHho4

Bandit
April 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
We are all moving. Earth, solar system, galaxey and the universe.

Heck just view how much the stars have moved in relation to the orion consilation over the past twenty years and how far they esitmate that distance to be. :)

forrestcupp
April 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
How do you know we're not going front to back instead of how that video shows?

It's all relative to the movement of the sun, though. Like if I'm in a bus that's going 75mph down the interstate and I walk from the back to the front of the bus, am I really walking at a rate of 77mph? I sure don't feel like I am.

Paqman
April 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
How exaggerated could this effect be?

Depends on what direction you consider the sun to be moving in. Which depends on what point you pick to relate its movement to. The motion of celestial bodies can look quite weird depending on where you choose to look at them from. For example, from here on Earth, some of the planets seem to reverse their direction of movement across the sky at times, and their speed appears to change. Of course they do nothing of the sort, it just looks that way if you think that you're standing still.

Is every planet rotating around the sun in the same rotational plane?

Not exactly no, but they're close enough.

mips
April 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
We are all moving.

and at a dizzying speed!

oldos2er
April 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
This thread gave me vertigo. :)

grahammechanical
April 29th, 2012, 12:52 AM
The sun is not dragging a gravity train at all. It is creating a gravity well/slope/slide.

Bandit
April 29th, 2012, 02:03 AM
and at a dizzying speed!

LOL thats for sure...

I estimate our gallaxey is moving pretty close to the speed of light as we all spin around it.. I hope we dont hit a pot hole!..:roll:

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 29th, 2012, 03:24 AM
I am getting disoriented just thinking about it. Spirals wouldn't surprise me at all.

The Earth is spinning on its axis at about 1,000 MPH depending on where you live in relation to the equator.

The Earth is orbiting around the sun at about 66,000 MPH.

The Sun is orbiting around the Milky Way galaxy at about 483,000 MPH.

The Milky Way galaxy is moving through the universe at an estimated 1,300,000 MPH.

WOW, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

:lolflag:

F.G.
April 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM

hmm, you can think of the movement of the solar system this way, which makes perfect sense. but unless you believe in the aether then there will be no real 'effect'. if we went past the sun in a rocket one way it would appear like this, but if we went in reverse it would appear the opposite way. while there are aether-like characteristics to spacetime unlike the aether it uses a relative, not absolute coordinate system. so, while spacetime exists independently of an observer, each observer chooses their own coordinate system.

so the planets, the sun and the rocket will all effect each other but the movement of these object through spacetime will be different depending which object we are on.

at least this is how i understand spacetime to work (and am open to correction).

MisterGaribaldi
April 29th, 2012, 07:57 PM
The Earth is spinning on its axis at about 1,000 MPH depending on where you live in relation to the equator.

The Milky Way galaxy is moving through the universe at an estimated 1,300,000 MPH.

and

Depends on if you're in Texas or not. (Because everything is bigger in Texas.)

forrestcupp
April 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
hmm, you can think of the movement of the solar system this way, which makes perfect sense. but unless you believe in the aether then there will be no real 'effect'. if we went past the sun in a rocket one way it would appear like this, but if we went in reverse it would appear the opposite way. while there are aether-like characteristics to spacetime unlike the aether it uses a relative, not absolute coordinate system. so, while spacetime exists independently of an observer, each observer chooses their own coordinate system.

so the planets, the sun and the rocket will all effect each other but the movement of these object through spacetime will be different depending which object we are on.

at least this is how i understand spacetime to work (and am open to correction).

So you think there is no absolute coordinate system, and that each solar system has its own relative coordinate system?

Paqman
April 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
So you think there is no absolute coordinate system, and that each solar system has its own relative coordinate system?

Totally. Any coordinate system is completely arbitrary. The physics is the same no matter where your draw your axes.

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
and

Depends on if you're in Texas or not. (Because everything is bigger in Texas.)

F.G.
April 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
umm, yes, not really just every solar system, everything actually. that is to say every existential object. and any other one which does not change it's distance or time relation to that zero point.

alexfish
April 29th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I am getting disoriented just thinking about it. Spirals wouldn't surprise me at all.

WOW, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

The Sun is orbiting around the Milky Way galaxy at about 483,000 MPH. OOH! that some Kinda Rocket:p

But rather Hitch-hike on the Milky Way , its a wee bit faster than average Space Shuttle

.>.................>.........................>Turbo On >>>>>.................................................. .........WOSH ):P

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 30th, 2012, 01:22 AM
But rather Hitch-hike on the Milky Way , its a wee bit faster than average Space Shuttle

.>.................>.........................>Turbo On >>>>>.................................................. .........WOSH ):P

What does this mean. :confused:

alexfish
April 30th, 2012, 02:07 AM
What does this mean. :confused:

Jumping ship : the Vogons are coming :

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060903112718/muppet/images/f/f7/Vogons.jpg

MisterGaribaldi
April 30th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Oh, and while you're at it, DON'T LET YOUR VOGONS READ THEIR POETRY IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

alexfish
April 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Oh, and while you're at it, DON'T LET YOUR VOGONS READ THEIR POETRY IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

Vogons , think they already here , up till now , it was classified as Forbidden Knowledge :confused:

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/astrophysics/earth-is-not-revolving-around-the-sun.html

MisterGaribaldi
April 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Vogons , think they already here , up till now , it was classified as Forbidden Knowledge :confused:

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/astrophysics/earth-is-not-revolving-around-the-sun.html

Actually, Earth is being dragged 'round the sun by a TARDIS.

Evidence:

http://www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk/2008-13_files/Journey's%20End%20(12).jpg

lisati
April 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Come to think of it, I vaguely recall seeing the Tardis parked up somewhere in Scotland back in 1971.

ssam
April 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
there is a nice program in the repos called celestia. it lets you move around a 3d simulation of space. you can speed up time in it so you could probably watch what happens.