PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 sucks big time...

Janiporo
April 28th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I have ubuntu 10.04 now and tried new ubuntu 12.04 on separate HDD (SO glad did NOT install over this one!)
I have nothing good to say about it.

While installing I had blank HDD as main drive (set it up from BIOS), 10.04 drive was secondary. Installation still wanted to install operating system to secondary, had to unplug the secondary HDD to make this work, or manually set up the main, which also did not work.

Unity, well that sucks obviously, no need to explain for intelligent people. It is for 6 year old retarded users.

Installed gnome, which destroyed my desktop when trying to install dualmonitors. Worked on one monitor.

Gnome panels are peace of sh*t --> can not put icons where ever I want, they always autostack to the left or right (Did not get them even to the middle). Also could not install older gnome-panel, since gnome 3 issues, I think. There are alternatives for that (for example Cairo dock), did not test those.

New Tomboy sucks, not user interface friendly. (If you have used 1.2.2 version, you know what I mean, try to left click on the icon on panel). And I use tomboy every day.
Also could not install older version of TB.

If this method would be used to update a car design, they would get rid of steering wheel, and replace it with welded in door knob. You can still turn, but hard as hell, and you could not remove that knob without buying an older car.

When updates stop with 10.04 (april/2013) going to change away from Ubuntu, and I bet many others will also. Still not going back to window$, not that stupid.

Why do these days some people think it is better to go BACKWARDS in updates. Will not even talk about facebook...

Monotoko
April 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
That just looks like a huge rant to me, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

What exactly is the problem with Unity? In 12.04 it is quite stable and I can use more of my screen for what I need to, the side bar will go away when I don't need it.

Don't see the problem?

Spirrwell
April 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM
That just looks like a huge rant to me, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

What exactly is the problem with Unity? In 12.04 it is quite stable and I can use more of my screen for what I need to, the side bar will go away when I don't need it.

Don't see the problem?

Just stop right there, given what he just said he's technically already called you unintelligent for not knowing what he\she considers as drawbacks to using Unity.

To the OP, the model of Ubuntu is to have Linux the way you want it. I'm running 12.04 Beta 2 (Not sure if non-beta was truly released yet, burned the disc a couple weeks ago).

I have experienced no bugs so far, and as far as the dual monitors problem, I've only had said problem with KDE.

If there are bugs, give bug reports, if you have problem getting something to work right, ask about it\Google it, there's plenty of people that would like the new UI and the new Ubuntu, it's unnecessary to post a rant about it.

Elfy
April 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Closed.

Try constructive criticism or even reading things from the last 12 months.