PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install 12.04 onto RAID 0

kuldaoo
April 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,
I have 2 x 200GB HDD in RAID 0 and mainboard with AMD controller. In this array I have 300GB partition with windows 7 and 100GB free partition where I want to install Ubuntu 12.04. Problem is the Ubuntu installer doesn't recognize the Raid. Gparted doesn't see the Raid too. I've tried to install kpartx (I've read somewhere it can help) but without effect. In windows I had to install special raid driver during the installation...

Can someone give me any advice?

filipe_fazanaro
April 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Did you try to use the Alternate image?

kuldaoo
April 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Yes I did. I can only create new raid there...

darkod
April 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM
It might be a driver issue, since you needed to install a driver for windows too. Without a correct driver it would be logical that it doesn't see the array.

You are sure that you created a fakeraid array with the controller, not a software raid in windows right?

Just in case, when you boot into live mode with the live cd, if you try to activate the array does it work:
sudo dmraid -ay

After that does it show with:
sudo fdisk -l (small L)

kuldaoo
April 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
"sudo dmraid -ay" returns:

ERROR: pdc: wrong # of devices in RAID set "pdc_eidggfji" [1/2] on /dev/sdc
ERROR: removing inconsistent RAID set "pdc_eidggfji"
ERROR: no RAID set found
no raid sets

I created RAID with utility that I allowed in BIOS and before booting. RAID driver for windows is necessary according to instructions in manual.

darkod
April 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
It finds some kind of error and that's why it's not reading it properly. But I can't translate that error. Maybe if you google it, you can find something.