PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 12.04 failed,

gardengxc
April 28th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I attempted to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 however when it restarted Ubuntu loads and then I get a black screen with the following.

"Stopping system V runlevel comparabilities"

I say another post on how to fix a similar problem but that required the commandline. I don't have that option available. The install did have a hiccup that I'm blaming the problem on. Now I have a USB stick with a fresh copy of 12.04 on it.

To my question is there a way to upgrade from a USB stick instead of installing from it while running the OS off it, or is there a way to stop the boot up of Ubuntu and force the terminal to launch?

gardengxc
April 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM
-Ok I got into grub but I was unable to fix the problem(pressing shift didn't matter escape did). I think I'm left with a fresh install. Which means a good day of setting up my computer again.](*,)](*,) TF2 alone takes 8-12 hours to install becasuse of my internet connection.

silverbullet007
April 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
What did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem after an upgrade.

jadtech
April 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
What did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem after an upgrade.

just reading the post its a good bet they never fixed it since they decided to do a complete new install .

silverbullet007
April 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Crap.. I was afraid of that. Searching her eon the forums about this is proving difficult at best. I haven't found another post like this one yet.