PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] upgrade from beta to production 12.04

findlj
April 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I am currently running the beta 12.04 and would like to upgrade to the current 12.04 LTS . My update manager is not prompting for this upgrade yet. I want to upgrade, not re-install.

Is the production release not yet available? I understood it was to be released today.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

wojox
April 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM
If you have been running beta open a terminal and run:

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

jadtech
April 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
change your servers in update manager click check for up dates,

go to a terminal window type in sudo apt-get update

all you have to do from beta is run the updates nothing more first update should start with kernel 3.0.2.24 there is sofar justover 2 dozzwn more updates I have had how efver that first batch with the kernal brings you to 12.04 release ..

if you are not getting these updates like I said try to change the server in update manager I also have found after that rebooting spawns updates ..

jadtech
April 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
If you have been running beta open a terminal and run:

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

this works well picked up all the packages I was still missing and finished my update to the full release with no glitches on reboot less then 20 mins ..

Curtis6767
April 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM
if you've been updating all along, then you may have the latest release already installed.

Try this:

uname -r

If you get 3.2.0-24, then you should be up to date.

techsupport
April 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
if you've been updating all along, then you may have the latest release already installed.

Try this:

uname -rIf you get 3.2.0-24, then you should be up to date.

Updates should be on 12.04 LTS this morning for anyone that was a Beta 2.

jadtech
April 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Updates should be on 12.04 LTS this morning for anyone that was a Beta 2.

I thought I had beta 2 I definatly had the 3.2.0.24 kernel but there was another 30 packages just upgraded and installed here for me ..

techsupport
April 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I thought I had beta 2 I definatly had the 3.2.0.24 kernel but there was another 30 packages just upgraded and installed here for me ..

yeah the linux kernel and headers came through this morning. My Ubuntu 3D is working for me now.

jadtech
April 27th, 2012, 05:42 PM
i havent tried that guess I will venture there soon .

I am still running the wubi install I guess over the next few day I will get the recovery disks and live cd made up and work on migrating to it own partition though I would love to keep this wubi install for testing and playing it has been a ride for sure over the last month and a half ..

findlj
April 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I had done an update from the update manager on the 27th. After running "uname -r" I saw I was already at 3.2.0.24...:)

jadtech
April 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
glad it all worked out for you :)