PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 12.04

chiparawe
April 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Have just tried to upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 using update manager and keep getting the following message:
Could not download the release notes. Please check your internet connection.
Connection is fine so I am a little confused.

jadtech
April 26th, 2012, 05:40 PM
the server is very busy today keep trying in your terminal to

sudo apt-get update
sudo do-release-upgrade

using do-release-upgrade should upgrade right in the terminal everything printed out as each part down loads and installs very interesting this way you have a print out of everything that happens during your upgrade before you boot you could copy and save it incase there is trouble ..

chiparawe
April 26th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Ok that makes sense. Will just keep trying. Many thanks for quick reply

iqoniq
April 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I noticed a few problems last night when I was trying to download some software from the Software Centre, and I'm having the same problem as you right now so you're not alone :|

Mark Phelps
April 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Have just tried to upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 using update manager ...

You DO know, that if the upgrade leaves you with a system that has problems, there's no way to roll-back to what you have now. Right?

My own approach has been to WAIT a few weeks AFTER the rlease and check the forums to see what problems folks are encountering.

daniber
April 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM
You DO know, that if the upgrade leaves you with a system that has problems, there's no way to roll-back to what you have now. Right?

My own approach has been to WAIT a few weeks AFTER the rlease and check the forums to see what problems folks are encountering.

Months...not only weeks.
;-)

chiparawe
April 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Successful upgrade last night. I only upgraded because I seemed to have lost my HDMI output to my TV when I upgraded from 11.04 to 11.10 and was hoping I'd get it back in 12.04 but no luck. Hey ho.