PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Vie hillbilly covers. Keep checking for new videos.

Colo2
April 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Ha, tell me what you think of these.

Banjo-Vie - Dead or alive
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AqbDNFYfw)

Banjo-Vie - Bad Whisky (Lady Gaga Bad Romance parody) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AqbDNFYfw)

Bandit
April 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
LOL Pretty good. Got a good kick out of him on a bicycle singing "on a steel horse I ride" lyric..

Colo2
April 25th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the comment :) That's me on the bike, and singing :)

:p

sammiev
April 25th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Very good, thanks for making my morning. :)

Colo2
April 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Very good, thanks for making my morning. :)

Thank you :)

forrestcupp
April 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Well done. I like it.

Colo2
April 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Colo2
April 25th, 2012, 02:34 PM
If you liked it, you can like the Facebook page, and get notified when there are new songs :) http://www.facebook.com/BanjoVie

Bandit
April 26th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Didnt realize it was you. Very good work with everything. Complete studio quality and hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

drawkcab
April 26th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Reminds me of Blind Melon.

chugtairizwan
April 26th, 2012, 06:12 AM
you rock man keep it up .:guitar:

Colo2
April 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Thank you for your replies :) , it's encouraging!

Colo2
April 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM

Swagman
April 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Love it.. Liked on FB too

Colo2
April 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Love it.. Liked on FB too

Colo2
April 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the encouraging feedback :)

Colo2
April 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Bump :)

GWBouge
April 28th, 2012, 01:19 AM
That's just awesome, man ... excellent work =oD

Colo2
April 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you :) Very kind

Colo2
May 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
http://freeimagesarchive.com/data/media/19/2-smile.jpg

Face-Ache
May 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that's a very awesome cover.

BanjoVie remind me of Hayseed Dixie. I won't post any links, just Google them :)

Colo2
May 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, that's a very awesome cover.

BanjoVie remind me of Hayseed Dixie. I won't post any links, just Google them :)

Our inspiration :) I love Hayseed Dixie!!

Colo2
May 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
And thanks :)

Colo2
May 27th, 2012, 10:47 AM
and thanks :)

:p

mehaga
May 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Very good :guitar:

IWantFroyo
May 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Nice. :)

Colo2
May 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM

odiseo77
May 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Nice! Sounds better than the original! :D

Cheers.

Colo2
May 27th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Nice! Sounds better than the original! :D

Cheers.

Thanks!! :D

wilee-nilee
May 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I happened to come across this randomly earlier today, where is the banjo, a palatable cover though, of a mediocre song to begin with.

Colo2
May 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I happened to come across this randomly earlier today, where is the banjo, a palatable cover though, of a mediocre song to begin with.

No banjo player unfortunately. Although we are looking for one! :P thanks for the feedback

wilee-nilee
May 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
No banjo player unfortunately. Although we are looking for one! :P thanks for the feedback

It was not bad, I like the comedy behind it. As a Jazz musician, we are always playing covers, nothing wrong with that.

The rural music of the americas is just as valid as any other, and like Jazz a cultural expression of america. Some amazing players playing what some might call, hillbilly music.

Actually these music formats are and have been influential on each other as well, along with native american music and many others brought to us by different cultural groups, all of which are highly diverse.

Give us some more links of you guys really killing it. :wink:

Colo2
May 28th, 2012, 12:55 AM
It was not bad, I like the comedy behind it. As a Jazz musician, we are always playing covers, nothing wrong with that.

The rural music of the americas is just as valid as any other, and like Jazz a cultural expression of america. Some amazing players playing what some might call, hillbilly music.

Actually these music formats are and have been influential on each other as well, along with native american music and many others brought to us by different cultural groups, all of which are highly diverse.

Give us some more links of you guys really killing it. :wink:

Cool! :) Thank you! Yeah, we have a couple more songs nearing completion now, shooting videos for them then they'll be on YouTube.

- Tom

Colo2
June 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Song now completed, video starts shooting tomorrow morning. :)

Colo2
June 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Song now completed, video starts shooting tomorrow morning. :)

Short teaser released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8C-h1nF09w

Linuxratty
June 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I really enjoyed this! Kept waiting for a banjo solo...Sick of the same old same old whining,screaming electric guitars with jazz riff solos.:p
This is kind of like Weird Al country style. This was funny and entertaining ..Keep it up,I think you have a lot of potential...Just don't sign on with a big label and let them make $$$$ off you.
Stuck the vid over in Linux Internationals for their viewing enjoyment.
:D
I play the hammer dulcimer and have always enjoyed traditional music such as Whisky before Breakfast,Cold Frosty Morn,etc. You could have a lot of fun with these instrumentals if you wanted to...Any who..Good luck!

Colo2
June 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
I really enjoyed this! Kept waiting for a banjo solo...Sick of the same old same old whining,screaming electric guitars with jazz riff solos.:p
This is kind of like Weird Al country style. This was funny and entertaining ..Keep it up,I think you have a lot of potential...Just don't sign on with a big label and let them make $$$$ off you.
Stuck the vid over in Linux Internationals for their viewing enjoyment.
:D
I play the hammer dulcimer and have always enjoyed traditional music such as Whisky before Breakfast,Cold Frosty Morn,etc. You could have a lot of fun with these instrumentals if you wanted to...Any who..Good luck!

Colo2
July 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hey all! As promised, the next Banjo-Vie video is out! :) Let me know what you think!

Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AqbDNFYfw

Older video (Bon Jovi in Hillbilly style)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1965136

Colo2
July 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
The new video is out :) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2024425

Frogs Hair
July 14th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Back in Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnYF-yInwo

overdrank
July 14th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Threads merged

forrestcupp
July 14th, 2012, 01:25 AM
I think you did a great job with the new one. My only critical thought is that this is a parody, while your other song was a cover. So I think you're at a crossroads right now where you need to decide do you want to be known as a hillbilly cover band or a hillbilly parody band. You should think carefully on that because from this point on, whichever way you choose to go next will be what you are known as, and that's not going to be easy to change.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either one; you just need to figure out what you are.

edit: also, since your threads were merged, and your new video is now obscurely posted in page 4, you might want to edit it into your original post.

Colo2
July 14th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Hey

Thanks for your reply.

We are a Hillbilly cover band! The only reason we did this one as a parody, is because we felt the lyrics weren't suited to us. We have an entire set worked out, and all of the other songs use the original lyrics ;)

And eughh! Please don't merge them, the topics aren't the same! :S

Colo2
July 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hey all

Just to show you guys the new release of the Banjo-Vie set!

I posted this before, but the thread was merged with another one which was totally irrelevant, please don't merge this anywhere :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AqbDNFYfw

Let me know what you think :)

nothingspecial
July 17th, 2012, 02:32 PM
please don't merge this anywhere :(

Sorry.

Colo2
July 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sorry.

Why do you keep merging it?

they are not the same posts, please...

nothingspecial
July 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Why do you keep merging it?

they are not the same posts, please...

I have changed your title to show that new videos will appear in this thread. Can you think of some better wording?

Colo2
July 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I have changed your title to show that new videos will appear in this thread. Can you think of some better wording?

Right, how come I'm unable to edit the original topic?

nothingspecial
July 17th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Right, how come I'm unable to edit the original topic?

What would you like it to say?

forrestcupp
July 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM
If you're going to make him put all his videos in one thread, he would probably like to be able to edit them into the first post so people will actually see them. Is there a time limit that you can edit your post or something? I notice that I can edit my original post in a thread from 3 days ago, but not one from a week ago. In my opinion, you should always be able to edit an original post just because it's beneficial to be able to add information to the beginning of your thread.

Linuxratty
July 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I like your work..Real singing,not rap..Don't do facebook though so will just look for info here.

nothingspecial
July 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM
If you're going to make him put all his videos in one thread, he would probably like to be able to edit them into the first post so people will actually see them. Is there a time limit that you can edit your post or something? I notice that I can edit my original post in a thread from 3 days ago, but not one from a week ago. In my opinion, you should always be able to edit an original post just because it's beneficial to be able to add information to the beginning of your thread.

Not wishing to derail the thread any further........ but......... I can do that :)

Just waiting for feedback from the OP.

**edit.

Lady Gaga added to OP, does the Back in Black one need to be ?

Colo2
July 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, and thanks nothingspecial, thats fine.

Colo2
July 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
And no, not the back in black one ;)

Colo2
July 22nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
:)

Colo2
August 1st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Like and comment :)