PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Flash and dual monitor

younus_malik
April 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM
its been a while since when i have fully switched to ubuntu 64 and except couple of glitches, i see no reason of going back to windows 7. anyways one of my biggest problems is flash along with dual monitor. the way it works on windows 7 is great as i can run full screen flash player on one screen and the other screen i can do whatever i want. when i do this on ubuntu,however, the full screen mode is terminated and the flash movie is displayed in the browser. this is particularly annoying when i am watching live stream as maximiseFlash in chrome does not work with live streaming. i know it has to do with adobe but just wanted to see if someone have fixed this one. please help if you can.

3Miro
April 25th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Which Ubuntu. I remember this annoyance, but I have not seen it on the latest 11.10, not since Adobe made a release of flash on 64-bit Linux (I had the issue with the betas).

younus_malik
April 25th, 2012, 01:19 AM
ubuntu 11.10 and ubuntu 12.04 both with google chrome latest version that ships with flash player pre-installed

Which Ubuntu. I remember this annoyance, but I have not seen it on the latest 11.10, not since Adobe made a release of flash on 64-bit Linux (I had the issue with the betas).

3Miro
April 25th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I used to have the issue on a single monitor, if I hit the key to adjust the volume, flash would kick me out. I don't have this issue anymore, but I guess the problem still exists in a dual-monitor setup. Just tested it and it does what you say it does. I don't know if there is a work-around this one.