PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installing Rhythmbox

mouse-
April 24th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I have been attempting to install Rhythmbox, which is a .tar.xz file, and, following the directions in the package {once extracted} attempted to run the command ./configure while in the file containing Rhythmbox's source code. However, I got the following error message

checking for gobject-introspection... configure: error: gobject-introspection-1.0 is not installed
However, gobject-introspection is installed. Does anyone know what the problem is?

mabo5184
April 24th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I recently compiled rhythmbox from source and there were many errors like this one.

You need to make sure the package-dev is also installed where package is the one named in the error. The -dev packages are not installed by default when the binary package is installed.

Also, to make it just a little more fun the package named in the errors is not always exactely the same as the one needed in the system.

Ubuntu have a good web site where you can search package names so I suggest you look there for the correct package name with -dev extension on the end.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/

It took me a couple of days to fix all errors, compile, make, and install rhythmbox, but that maybe because I'm new at this ...

Hope that helps.

mouse-
May 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
This worked! Thanks!

BeniaminK
August 20th, 2012, 11:26 PM
So how come, apt-get can install it without those packages? It's weird for me: downloading about 100MB to install Rhythmbox, where is the profit?