PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Mapping Windows Key and Cabinet Power Button

dzchimp
April 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
I'd like to Map the Windows Key to the KDE App Launcher; Win+E to Dolphin, Win+R to Konsole, all at the same time.

I'd like some help to figure this out.

dzchimp
April 24th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I'd like to explain so far what I've tried to activate Windows Key as the key to activate Application launcher widget:

Found out the key code with:

xev | grep Super_L
state 0x0, keycode 133 (keysym 0xffeb, Super_L), same_screen YES

Changed Mapping:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 133 = F13'

Global Keyboard Shortcuts>Plasma Desktop Shell>Activate Appln launcher widget>Custom>F13

It doesnt work yet.

rotave
April 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
To change the KDE app launcher shortcut right click on the launcher icon > Application Launcher Settings > Keyboard Shortcut (and change from there)
To configure custom shortcuts goto System Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Custom Shortcuts. You can add custom shortcuts from here.
For example to add Win + E to Dolphin right click under Configure Input Actions Settings > New > Global Shortcut > Command/URL (give it a name) > Trigger (input shortcut) > Action > Command/URL (type dolphin in text box). Hit apply.

dzchimp
April 24th, 2012, 12:46 PM
To change the KDE app launcher shortcut right click on the launcher icon > Application Launcher Settings > Keyboard Shortcut (and change from there)
To configure custom shortcuts goto System Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Custom Shortcuts. You can add custom shortcuts from here.
For example to add Win + E to Dolphin right click under Configure Input Actions Settings > New > Global Shortcut > Command/URL (give it a name) > Trigger (input shortcut) > Action > Command/URL (type dolphin in text box). Hit apply.

Thanks. The first part worked, and I was able to open the App launcher with Win key. But when it's configured in this way, I'm unable to set Win+[some other key] for anything else, as it's being detected as a single key press, and a warning pops up stating that the key has already been assigned to the App launcher.

http://droidzone.in/images/screenshots/Selection_004.jpeg

rotave
April 25th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I forgot that KDE won't allow you to map the Win Key by itself and then have other Win+ shortcuts. You're going to have select a different key combination for the app launcher. Maybe something like Win+Space?

dzchimp
April 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
No wonder. Thank you.