PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem when i install upuntu Side by Side

Hashirazy
April 23rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Everyone

i have problem

when i install upuntu side by side with Windows home premium 64bit

none of them Open on my screen

in the normal ways the computer should show to you Which one you want to use upuntu or Win7

but when i start the computer its just black screen and some of white line up and down

its the first time its happen to me in my hole upuntu history of use

what should i do

and you know i cant remove win7 form computer i just need lot of software that cant be use in upuntu like Sony Vegas pro and Sony forge and sony Dvd and Camtasia and so on

i cant just leave everything behind

so i just came to ask you

i just try it before and it cause me to remove upuntu and backup windows 7 again so i can just start normal

so what should i do ?

can any body help me ?

my computer is Samsung R540 - js07

cpu intel core i5 460M
Lcd:15.6 LED HD 16:9 Gloss
VRM(Graphics card): Ati Redoean HD 545v 512M
Memory:3gb
HDD:500GB

Thats all what you need i guess

and for information when i try to install upuntu and Erase Entire Hard Drive it work and upuntu work without problem but i need to install it side by side

anyone help me i will Capture a photo and videos if you need just help me please

Mark Phelps
April 23rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
OK, so what boots? Win7? Ubuntu? Neither?

Did you make the mistake of using the SLIDER to shrink the Win7 partition to install Ubuntu? That can have the effect of corrupting the Win7 OS partition so it won't boot anymore.

And, if you did not bother to use the Win7 Backup feature to create and burn a Win7 Repair CD BEFORE you forced the Ubuntu install, you don't have a CD to use to repair the Win7 boot.

So, what do you want working again? Win7? Ubuntu?

If you have access to a working PC that has Internet access, then read through the link below to download and burn a Boot-Repair CD:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1769482