PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Installation on New PC is Stuck!

MiniIrv
April 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hi people.

I started to install Ubuntu 11.10 today, got the the screen where it asked me to type my name, password, and username, etc in and then a message came up saying installation failed and had to end because i had apparently written the ISO to CD too fast. So i thought okay, and burnt it to another CD at a slower write spead, put it back in my optical drive to start the process again and no it just wont boot. Stuck on the 'Loading Operating System...' Screen :|

I dont know what to do, because i'm new to Linux, and building PC's for that matter, its my first build. Hope you lot can help :)

Tim

techsupport
April 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi people.

I started to install Ubuntu 11.10 today, got the the screen where it asked me to type my name, password, and username, etc in and then a message came up saying installation failed and had to end because i had apparently written the ISO to CD too fast. So i thought okay, and burnt it to another CD at a slower write spead, put it back in my optical drive to start the process again and no it just wont boot. Stuck on the 'Loading Operating System...' Screen :|

I dont know what to do, because i'm new to Linux, and building PC's for that matter, its my first build. Hope you lot can help :)

Tim

If you are looking for speed, try installing Ubuntu from a USB Flash Drive or USB Pendrive instead.

http://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

Curtis6767
April 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
How long has it been?

While installing it is updating at the same time and this takes quite a while.

Are you connected to the internet?

MiniIrv
April 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
No i wasnt connected the internet and it wasn't updating, it failed and said the ISO was written to CD to fast. So i re-burnt it and now it wont work.