PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MythTV Help!

vdub1980
April 23rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and linux/Myth tv and I'm having nightmares with this

The whole story is this. One of our IT guys has left and the day after he went our MythTV server died so I've got the task of rebuilding it. Luckily he had taken a backup of the old system the day before he went , so I just need to basically re-import everything. There's me thinking this will be simple, but it's been a real headache.

I've installed Ubuntu 11.10 and MythTV .025. It's up and running, the capture card is working fine but obviously there are no recordings there yet.

I want to backup the new install DB before I start messing with it so I don't have to re-install everything if I mess it up as it's taken me days to get this far.

I've run the mythconverg_backup.pl and is says "mythconverg_backup.pl: command not found"

I could really use some advice as I'm new to all this and there is a certain pressure to get it up and running asap before the complaints start coming my way!

Thanks for listening!

andrewc6l
April 26th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Here's the official MythTV page for backup/restore:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

You can download mythconverg_backup.pl and mythconverg_restore.pl from there. (Follow the instructions to do the chmod - if you're on Ubuntu you'll probably have to put sudo in front of the chmod to have it work.)

vdub1980
April 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Morning and thanks for the reply

I'm sorry I should have updated this earlier.

I'm past that point now but am struggling to get the mythweb up and running.

When I surf to I.P/mythweb it displays the contents of the folder?

On the old server there was one mythweb file in /var/www folder which i've copied over to the new server. However when i surf to the location it seems to copy a load of files and folders in the www folder? This is the content that is displayed in the browser