PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] remote control of HP Easynote LJ61

TheLastBaron
April 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hi there Ubuntians, I would first off like to introduce myself.

I am soon to be a year into the world of ubuntu, alongside ubuntu I try to learn as much linux as possible on my older computers, I have installed Arch succesfully and I am trying to get Gentoo to work because I think I would enjoy a little more challenge.

Now for my dream.

I have basically everything I need on my computer right now, I'm surfing Nightly and sending reports to help those guys out. I use AirDroid to answer text messages, I have hooked me laptop up to my wallmounted TV so I can do a couple of cool stuff, like showing my guests when I browse and stuff ( Yes, yes I do have geeky friends )

BUT, my dream is to use my Wildfire phone as a mouse/keyboard on my ubuntu system so that I can kick back in my bed and maybe browse or stream some TV-series or anything like that, It would truly be a dream of mine.

Now, before you guys start ranting about how easy it might be, I have NO experience with this what so ever, what I have to allow and not in my system settings or anything.

I have tried SEVERAL applications for this, Remote for Ubuntu, PRemote and a whole bunch of other apps, and follow their guides with no luck what so ever.

I would like for you to recomend me the BEST Free app out there for this kind of job, how to configure it and what to do if I get intro trouble with it. I will report how I did it to help other people out ofcourse !:guitar:

So I'm putting this in your hands, I also have Irssi ofcourse, so if anyone replies while I'm online, you guys could help me troubleshoot on freenode #Ubuntu or something like that.