PDA

View Full Version : Ebay...

ld626
April 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just curious if anybody here are selling on eBay using Ubuntu, how printing labels going and overall experience. Thanks

uRock
April 23rd, 2012, 04:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just curious if anybody here are selling on eBay using Ubuntu, how printing labels going and overall experience. Thanks

Do you have a question about printing shipping labels?

r-senior
April 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
In my experience there are no issues. I know of people who run very successful mid-volume eBay businesses completely on Ubuntu -- printing postage labels with Paypal, managing stores, listings, transactions, etc.

The main thing you can't do is run Turbo Lister because eBay only offer a Windows version. Wine may be an option.

ld626
April 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys, I don't use Ubuntu yet but it looks like a very good option,I'm tired of windows...

ld626
April 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Not specific to that but we do expend a lot of time printing shipping labels

techsupport
April 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Not specific to that but we do expend a lot of time printing shipping labels

I would recommend something like Mail Merge in LibreOffice. Same way you would probably do it in Windows, i.e. have a database and have templates already in LibreOffice.

r-senior
April 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
You can buy special label sheets sized for eBay invoices that have a peel off address. So you print the invoice, peel the label, stick the label on the package and put the invoice inside. Loads of them on eBay and affordable if bought in bulk.

mjc24
January 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I have a Dymo Labelwriter 400 on Ubuntu 12.04 with Sun Java
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_11-b21)

Can't get a label to print no matter what I do, unless I boot to Windows 7 and use IE.

I've configured my printer settings through Paypal. The label appears in the print applet using Firefox with ebay seller but pressing the print button fails to print.

Any advice?