PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] FreeNX where's node.conf?

GardenCity
April 22nd, 2012, 10:58 PM
Hi All,
I've researched this for a while and can't find an answer.

I've successfully installed freenx on Ubuntu 10.04 and it's working just fine. I've done this many times before; however, this time I can't find the node.conf file. All I have is an empty node.conf.d folder.

I want to enable shadowing in the node.conf file but don't know how to do it with this installation that appears to be different than the previous time I installed freenx

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

GardenCity
April 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I have found that FreeNX is much easier to install than NX Server and it looks like this is how they make it easy by keeping it simply without a lot of necessary configuration.

Look like if I want to have shadowing, I'll have to use NX Server

derpishi
May 4th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I have found that FreeNX is much easier to install than NX Server and it looks like this is how they make it easy by keeping it simply without a lot of necessary configuration.

Look like if I want to have shadowing, I'll have to use NX Server

I used http://notepad2.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/install-freenx-server-on-ubuntu-1110.html to install FreeNX on 12.04 LTS. It says it's installed.

Can you help me verify it is installed and lead me down a path to get it working with windows nomachine client. right now it says SSH connection timed out.

I do see a directory for /usr/NX

I also can not connect to SSH via PuTTY.