PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I revert back from an upgrade with natty-proposed enabled

devx
April 21st, 2012, 06:46 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the Ubuntu( Currently running 11.04 Natty). However, I am facing a problem which I would like to solve. My problem and question follows thus:

Problem Context:

When ever I hibernate this work fine but when I wake up my laptop I sometimes get a blurry screen. I was so adamant on solving this issues and began a search for a solution, while searching I came across :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/758664

which described my problem and identified same as a bug. The solution on there was to "update to latest linux packages from natty-proposed".

Problem and Question:

I did update with natty-proposed, but now I want to revert back( problem is some softwares packages that worked before the update dont anymore). In other words, I want to have my packages all rolled back to what it was prior to that natty-proposed update. Is this possible? If so whats the easy way for a beginner like me to go about this.

Many Thanks.

DJ_Max
April 21st, 2012, 08:16 PM
No feasible way. Makes more sense to do a re-install.

jerrrys
April 21st, 2012, 08:23 PM
There are ways to make a backup list of all installed software, configuration files or use a separate home partition but too late for you. This would need to be done before you upgrade.

Maybe you should just wait a few more days till 12.04 comes out and do a fresh install.

devx
April 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Shoot, am screwed. Okay, could you tell me how to get rid of the Grub screen that comes up when powering up. I never had this screen before but after this update I have this screen telling me to choose between some virtual Ubuntu, and an option that says previous Ubuntu versions (I now have to choose this option to load Natty).

is there a way I could get rid of this screen?