PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Font Issue & Few programs won't work in Ubuntu

More or Less
April 21st, 2012, 01:27 AM
I have been able to move 100% of my documents over to Ubuntu, I have wrestled with several programs to get them loaded properly, and now I am left with a few minor glitches.

ASIAN FONTS

If I go to any website, I can see Asian fonts, but when I try to view Asian fonts within a Flash environment, I can only get squares. I can copy and paste the squares and others can see the Asian fonts. It's not a browser issue because I get the same results with multiple browsers. I can also view Asian fonts in text documents. It appears to be only Flash related at the moment.

It might also be helpful to know that I have 12.04 and that I added the KDE "look" to replace the Ubuntu "purple" look. So, now it loads that when logging in. Maybe someone can clarify if this is what I have done or if I have actually installed "Kubuntu". I think I just snagged the Kubuntu look but still have the workings of Ubuntu.

WINDOWS PROGRAMS WON'T OBVIOUSLY WORK IN UBUNTU

So, I searched the software center for Wine and only one download came up. It is about 111 mb I think, and it seems to be running in the background. I went to download and run the .exe file from a website and it tried to load it through Wine. However, I get the following error: "internal errors" invalid parameters received

I am trying to install http://neirong.funshion.com/download/FunshionInstall2.6.5.15.exe from http://www.funshion.com

Maybe someone can clarify how to find out the resources being used through Linux. In Windows I could just ctrl/alt/del and it would show me how much of my CPU is being used and what programs are active. On Linux, it seems like there is nothing obvious to click to monitor my resources. Sites seem to load at optimal speeds and even when I am downloading something I can still browse sites. When I was in Windows 7, a download like the one for Wine would usually limit browsing to just email and forum posting. So, I am curious how much RAM I might be saving by using Ubuntu over Windows.

Curtis6767
April 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
System Monitor is in your applications folder.

usr/share/applications

One down but several more to go.

More or Less
April 21st, 2012, 02:04 AM
System Monitor is in your applications folder.I don't see "System Monitor". I see "System Settings". Is that what you mean?

usr/share/applicationsI don't see "usr", I see "Home", "Network", "Root", and "Trash".

If I go to "Root", there is "usr", "share", and even "applications", but only "system-config-printer .desktop". No "System Monitor".