PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] postfix/dovecot mail loop back itself !?

dchen
April 21st, 2012, 01:13 AM
Test mail server: Ubuntu server 11.10 configured with postfix/dovecot/squirrelmail, ...
hostname: testmail.example.com has its own MX record separate from the parent
domain (example.com)'s MX record.

The production server: Fedora 11, also configured with postfix/dovecot/squirrelmai,...
hostname: example.com

Tried to send a mail from an account in the testmail.example.com domain, i.e. john@testmail.example.com, to an account in the example.com domain, i.e. dave@example.com, the result: dave@example.com DO NOT receive the mail, instead dave@testmail.example.com gets the mail.

From the mail.log in testmail.example.com, it seemed that it relayed to local itself, it did not go thru the example.com host.

Where are places in postfix configuration in testmail.example.com server or some where that can be set up to send mails from submain to parent domain successfully and vice versa ? thx

smtp
April 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Check mydestination configuration parameter in Postfix (main.cf) and adopt it accordingly (that on testmail.example.com).

dchen
April 24th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Check mydestination configuration parameter in Postfix (main.cf) and adopt it accordingly (that on testmail.example.com).
I have the mydestination = testmail.example.com, example.com, localhost.example.com, localhost
in the main.cf of testmail.example.com, is this right ?