PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VPS Sizing for Low Traffic CiviCRM and Drupal install? InnoDB tuning?

britebyte
April 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I have run internal Linux hardware servers using Debian and Ubuntu before but with 1GB of RAM or more. I am setting up a Drupal site with the CiviCRM add-on that requires InnoDB. All the docs recommend a VPS over shared hosting as the memory requirements are likely to be exceeded on shared hosting. I am new to VPS hosting and I would love to hear some opinions on VPS sizing for something like this and/or performance tips.

Site: Only 1000 page views/mth, in campaign time about double of that.
Administration: 2 Drupal content editors making about 1 edit per day if that.
CiviCRM: Once weekly report pulling, once monthly mailing list, webform integration with low # of submits.

Right now I have a 384MB OpenVZ based VPS as I have read many anecdotal posts about running Drupal on 256MB VPS but I am constantly running out of memory.
I am using Apache2 at the moment. I have tried using both mod_php with mpm_prefork and mod_fcgid with mpm_worker. My Apache settings for each are down below.

Part 2:
"top" reports that my MySQL process RSS is 27MB to 31MB.
Is there any info on getting the memory usage of InnoDB down? I can't find any posts on it. All the low memory tuning articles say is turn on "skip-innodb".

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
StartServers 1
MinSpareServers 2
MaxSpareServers 4
MaxClients 10
MaxRequestsPerChild 2000
</IfModule>

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
StartServers 1
MinSpareThreads 2
MaxSpareThreads 6
ThreadLimit 16