PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Server 11.10 Joined to Active Directory with LikeWise-Open

ptyo
April 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Okay I am new to linux and have setup a Ubuntu Server 11.10 with samba and joined to our active directory domain with likewise-open, however I am unable to access a share i created with my domain credentials. If i run the command:
lw-enum-users
I get a listing of all the active directory users.

I found the below article that would appear to be rather old:
http://chrplunk.blogspot.com/2008/06/allow-windows-clients-in-active.html#!/2008/06/allow-windows-clients-in-active.html

I have been cruising the forums for days and have come across a vast amount of information, but nothing would seem to be current. I have seen where some people use windbind?

I would greatlly appreciate it if someone could point me to a link that would walk through and explain what I need to do so I can setup a share with samba and let windows active directory check allowed credentials. Not that it should matter but my Ubuntu Server 11.10 with samba is setup on a Ubuntu Server 11.10 running KVM.

I have been succesful in the past using the internet and forums to research issues, but this one I am running into all kinds of road blocks and my linux understanding is greatly lacking and I just seem to be shooting in the dark getting a long way to no where and not understanding the code changes I am making.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ptyo
April 18th, 2012, 02:14 PM
There is no interest from anybody in creating a how-to on Samba and Active Directory Integration so you can use Active Directory Users / Groups to give permissions to Samba shares?

telecomando
April 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'm right there with you. All the documentation is a bit out dated even the docs provided by likewise/Beyond Trust.

Looking for help with a similar situation and there is nothing current out there.

D8TA
May 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM
May not help now but I am using Centrify with their Centrify Samba version and all is working flawless with no changes. You might want to try that.