PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash player download problems fo Ubuntu 11.10

Marilyn1
April 17th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I have Upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and I now have no Flash player. How do I Install one that is Compatible for this program? Help

jadtech
April 17th, 2012, 03:57 AM
ok after upgrading make sure you go to the update manager click the check button and do all the updates once that is done and u have rebooted see if flash is working ..

the thing is once you do the upgrade of ubuntu you need to update all your software :)
if flash still isnt working ,go to the software center search for flash for mozilla ..

CFury
April 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm also having problems in 11.10. I've tried Flash-aid, checked updates via Update Manager, as well as had Firefox check for updated versions of plugins. No dice. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

ronaldbrijo
April 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
I used to have the same problem... Yesterday it got solved by accident...

I wanted to try a different browser and downloaded Opera. Installed quickly and low and behold no flash problem!!

I also tried flash aid on firefox and all the other "FIXES" to no avail, but Opera has no issues!!

CFury
April 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
I haven't used Opera in years, how do you like it?

CFury
April 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Just tried out Opera and unfortunately the Flash issue remains... However WOW, that's a fast browser!

lovinglinux
April 24th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Just tried out Opera and unfortunately the Flash issue remains... However WOW, that's a fast browser!

Yes, Opera is really fast. Flash performance is good too. Better than Firefox on my system, although Firefox uses less CPU.

techsupport
April 24th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I have Upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and I now have no Flash player. How do I Install one that is Compatible for this program? Help

If you install Chrome from the PPA it comes with it's very own flash plugin independently.

It is down the list:

http://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/to-do-list-after-installing-ubuntu-11-10-aka-oneiric-ocelot/

chimuzu
April 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is with your machine. Its rare that one fails to install that plugin on Firefox. I did it several times with several machines.
You could try to download it manually and install the .deb file. It worked for me in the past. If that fails you may have to delete the hidden mozilla profile (under Home folder) for Firefox and try to install it on a frsh profile.

I cant be 100% sure of this procedure but I hope it helps

CFury
April 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is with your machine. Its rare that one fails to install that plugin on Firefox. I did it several times with several machines.
You could try to download it manually and install the .deb file. It worked for me in the past. If that fails you may have to delete the hidden mozilla profile (under Home folder) for Firefox and try to install it on a frsh profile.

I cant be 100% sure of this procedure but I hope it helps

I also tried manually, no dice. Both Firefox & Opera behave the same when handling Flash, Chrome is working however this is obviously due to it's independent plugin. Well I"ll keep hacking at it, I'm sure it will end up being something simple I've overlooked.

lovinglinux
April 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I also tried manually, no dice. Both Firefox & Opera behave the same when handling Flash, Chrome is working however this is obviously due to it's independent plugin. Well I"ll keep hacking at it, I'm sure it will end up being something simple I've overlooked.

If you are using a 32bit system you can copy Chrome's plugin.

Install Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/), select Advanced mode from the menu and in the installation options, select Google Chrome. Click "Execute" to run the script. It will copy the plugin from Chrome and make it available to Firefox and Opera.