PDA

View Full Version : zareason alto 3880 really 5 hour battery life?

PGScooter
April 17th, 2012, 01:50 AM
It is listed as having a 5 hour battery life but I'm wondering what people have actually found.

http://zareason.com/shop/Alto-3880.html

I found a review but no mention of battery life. Anyone?

Bandit
April 17th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Batteries are getting better. I know a netbook isnt like that laptop, but I have one that will go about 6 hours before needing a charge.

CharlesA
April 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM
I believe it. My 14" laptop gets around 4-5 hours on a full charge unless I am trying to play a graphic intensive game or something.

EDIT: It can play about 2 90 minutes dvds before shutting down, which sounds similiar to the one from ZaReason.

PGScooter
April 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I believe it. My 14" laptop gets around 4-5 hours on a full charge unless I am trying to play a graphic intensive game or something.

EDIT: It can play about 2 90 minutes dvds before shutting down, which sounds similiar to the one from ZaReason.

Great! thanks.

KiwiNZ
April 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Very possible, with new low voltage, efficient processors etc and improved battery technology upwards to 7 hours is possible.

I am getting over 6 hours from my MacBook Air.

wolfen69
April 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Very possible, with new low voltage, efficient processors etc and improved battery technology upwards to 7 hours is possible.

I am getting over 6 hours from my MacBook Air.

You spend 6 hours on your macbook? Must be nice to spend 6 hours doing anything recreational.

SemiExpert
April 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
It is listed as having a 5 hour battery life but I'm wondering what people have actually found.

http://zareason.com/shop/Alto-3880.html

I found a review but no mention of battery life. Anyone?

You might start by finding out who exactly makes this whitebook notebook computer and working backwards? In addition it's always important to consider the rated capacity of the battery. If the reseller selling the generic whitebook notebook doesn't give you information on the battery capacity, don't buy the computer. A decent removeable six-cell battery in a full sized notebook should have a 55-60 WHr capacity, although a lot of cheap consumer units are shipping with lower capacity batteries. Personally, I'd discourage anyone from buying a Sandy Bridge notebook when we are within a week of the Ivy Bridge launch. At very least, Sandy Bridge systems will be heavily discounted in coming weeks and months.

PGScooter
April 17th, 2012, 09:31 PM
You might start by finding out who exactly makes this whitebook notebook computer and working backwards? In addition it's always important to consider the rated capacity of the battery. If the reseller selling the generic whitebook notebook doesn't give you information on the battery capacity, don't buy the computer. A decent removeable six-cell battery in a full sized notebook should have a 55-60 WHr capacity, although a lot of cheap consumer units are shipping with lower capacity batteries. Personally, I'd discourage anyone from buying a Sandy Bridge notebook when we are within a week of the Ivy Bridge launch. At very least, Sandy Bridge systems will be heavily discounted in coming weeks and months.

Great, thank you for the advice.