PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue installing

Ele223
April 17th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone, this will be my first time trying Ubuntu I tried Wubi at first and when I went to access it it would take me to a black screen with what looks like it trying too read anything that is plugged into the USB ports.

It got stuck reading my Keyboard. I took off the keyboard put another one on same issue, I moved the port it got stuck on my Mouse the next time I moved both of them to different ports and it still did the same thing. So I thought it may have been a bug with Wubi.

I burned it to a disc I booted it from a disc, I got too the language section, then hit "Install Ubuntu" the same error occurs I'll get a black screen with it freezing on reading my Mouse or Keyboard.

If needed I could take a picture with my phone where it get sucks at.

I'm Running Windows 7 64-bit

~Thanks.

jadtech
April 17th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Provide more info things that will be asked

what version unbuntu were you installing, what video card you have,what processor , how much memory ..

have you tried burning another disk at the slowest you can some times the image gets messed up ..

Ele223
April 17th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hi Jadtech, thanks for the reply. :-)

My Processor is Intel(r) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed Memory: 16.0GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I was trying to install Ubuntu 11.10 64-Bit for the CD and for Wubi, I was trying to install the default version it gives you at http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

I have tried installing it on two disks yes.

jadtech
April 17th, 2012, 02:50 AM
wow ok im sure someone who has 1000 more XP then me will be along to help no doubt its just something silly no one would ever think of ..

just out of curiosity have you tried a reboot since you tried to install , I have wubi 11.10 installed here I didnt use a disk I just down loaded the installer how ever when the down load and install finished mine got hung up kept giving errors I just did a reboot and to my suprise it rebooted to ubuntu set up and went right to the password spalsh i put in password load perfect I though it had failed..

Ele223
April 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Yeah! I've done that. :-) I mean the installation I'm pretty sure works completely I think it has to do something while booting up it is trying to read something that it can't or it's just getting hung up.

This is where it keeps getting hung up.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/336/wp000622.jpg

jadtech
April 17th, 2012, 03:23 AM
when you do the reboot you are removeing the CD and memory stick right ???

on the reboot you want to be booting from the drive you installed to :)

sorry I know the questions seem a little simple or annoying like I said it is most likely something simple when I look at the image here I see alot about USB, keyboard, mouse not much else like its still reading from the memory stick in the USB port rather then C drive ..

Ele223
April 17th, 2012, 03:33 AM
From Wubi yeah was directing it to go to Ubuntu

From the CD - Once I hit "Install Ubuntu" it brings me too that error section.. So I believe it only installed during Wubi. The CD installation won't actually go pass anything once I hit it. It stops.

Also, I'd like to thank you for all your time with helping me. :)

Yeah, I have it burned to a CD and I don't have a memory stick connected that's why I'm confused it's reading USB ports.

Ele223
April 17th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I also went ahead and connected another mouse and keyboard seeing if that was an issue since that's what it was hanging up on. Had the same issue just another name for a different product. :-)

I am completely bamboozled! Any help would be greatly appreciated.