PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need serious help

alienzombie8
April 15th, 2012, 02:13 AM
i have had Ubuntu for about a year and its not doing what i want it to. I want windows back really bad and had to order these recovery disks from gateway(my computer type). Its a real pain in the ***. It seems when i try to boot from the disk ubuntu starts up to fast or my computer doesn't run the disk fast enough. I need help i want windows back

haqking
April 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
i have had Ubuntu for about a year and its not doing what i want it to. I want windows back really bad and had to order these recovery disks from gateway(my computer type). Its a real pain in the ***. It seems when i try to boot from the disk ubuntu starts up to fast or my computer doesn't run the disk fast enough. I need help i want windows back

you need to check your BIOS and set the boot order too allow booting from the CD

or you may need to hold down a key to get a boot menu to allow choosing CD/DVD during boot

Peace

BLaZuRE
April 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Are you on a desktop or laptop?

If you are on a desktop, you may need to go into BIOS and change it so that your CD drive boots before your hard drive.

If you are on a laptop and are using an external cd/dvd drive, you may need to delay the boot by pressing keys to one of your motherboard's options (I forgot what I've done in the past, maybe BIOS). That will let your dvd drive start loading the disk since it finally got some speed.

For any scenario, there are different recovery disks. Some are used by Windows recovery programs and some are discs that run at boot. Yours is probably the latter, but you could double check.