PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't install Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 beta2 -computer with integrated VGA and PCI VGA

slavoon2
April 13th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I have Asus P8H67-M Rev.1.04 socket LGA1155 motherboard with integrated graphics (standart VGA connector to monitor) - I see some noise in videosignal (noise in picture in all screen resolutions - the bug in motherboard) and I had to install old PCI videocard (S3 Virge DX/GX with 4 Mb RAM) and reconnect monitor in it - Windows show the picture on monitor normally, but when I try to install Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 beta2 - I boot from CD and see blank screen (text 80x25) with blinking cursor in in, when installation stops. If I try to install in (x nomodeset) mode - (to load from CD) - I see the desktop of Ubuntu, but only part of desktop (left-top angle - only about 35% of desktop area) (the whole desktop area is 640x480 , but I see about 35% of it) with interlaced picture
When I try to install 10.04 LTS - I see desktop normally, but if I try to move mouse cursor or if any program try to draw something on screen - I see artefacts and flashes on screen and noise at different parts of the screen. Does the Ubuntu not compatible with computers with integrated graphics and PCI videocart inserted into it? (old model!)
sorry for bothering you,
Vyacheslav