PDA

View Full Version : Monopd Clients

Ryan450
March 12th, 2005, 10:22 PM
hey gang,

after going through many distro's I've been seeing Atlantic being one of the standards, never used gnome that much before was always happy with KDE being my default but here it seems you guys chose Gnome. I'm gunna give it a try before I try to implement KDE on my own and see how it goes. But I do want to get a monopd client to play online monopoly. is there a client out for gnome? or is there a way to play KDE games/apps in gnome? (never tried, just making sure that nothing gets messed up if i do)

TravisNewman
March 12th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Gnome and KDE have cooperated to the point that running KDE aps in Gnome or vice versa works quite well. It may take a little longer to start up, since it's gotta load some KDE libraries, but it'll work. You can install KDE from the Universe repository, or any of the libraries you may need if you don't want to install ALL of KDE. I would suggest you give Gnome a good shot before installing KDE and never using Gnome again.

Ryan450
March 13th, 2005, 05:48 AM
ok, I'm trying to gather all the packages needed to compile the atlantik 0.7.1 client, heres where I'm stumped..

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

any ideas on what packages/files I need? or do I have to install KDE?