PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Postfix

otherethe
April 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Hello I'm having problems with my squirrelmail, It seems like my problem is in Postfix I've followed all of this https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix but no help when I try and send a email with Squirrel Mail I get this error Message not sent. Server replied: Requested action aborted: error in processing
451 4.3.5 Server configuration error

Here is my /etc/postfix/main.cf

# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

# Debian specific: Specifying a file name will cause the first
# line of that file to be used as the name. The Debian default
# is /etc/mailname.
#myorigin = /etc/mailname

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.
append_dot_mydomain = no

myhostname = server1.localhost.com
mydomain= mydomain.net
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP Mailserver
mailbox_size_limit = 0
message_size_limit = 10240000
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject _unauth_destination
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_address
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname, reject_rbl_client relays.o rdb.org
strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
home_mailbox = Maildir/

# TLS
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/smtpd.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_enforce_tls = no
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no

# SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

mailbox_command =
recipient_delimiter = +

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
relayhost =
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

otherethe
April 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Alright so I can send email now but I cant get it I've tried user@ip from a web based email server says it sends but I never get it on my cpu

otherethe
April 12th, 2012, 04:00 AM
No body can help me? I can send emails but I can't receive them

lisati
April 12th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Thread moved to Server Platforms.

Which guide did you use to install Squirrelmail? Are you able to post the last few entries from your mail log?

webservervideos
April 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
reject_rbl_client relays.o rdb.org

that looks odd.

smtpd_ssl_local.... is empty?

check your mail logs. look for postfix spouting an error about something...

lisati
April 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM

that looks odd.

smtpd_ssl_local.... is empty?

check your mail logs. look for postfix spouting an error about something...

Looks like a spurious space to me. +1 for checking the logs.

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I didn't find anything about Spouting I can how ever send mail to name@localhost now how ever but I can't send mail to name@127.0.0.1 and that does not make very much sense to me Here is the last few lines in my mail.log file

postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Apr 12 18:59:09 othere-MS-7522 postfix/smtpd[13016]: fatal: parameter "smtpd_recipient_restrictions": specify at least one working instance of: check_relay_domains, reject_unauth_destination, reject, defer or defer_if_permit
Apr 12 18:59:10 othere-MS-7522 postfix/master[2023]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 13016 exit status 1
Apr 12 18:59:10 othere-MS-7522 postfix/master[2023]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

lisati
April 13th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I didn't find anything about Spouting I can how ever send mail to name@localhost now how ever but I can't send mail to name@127.0.0.1 and that does not make very much sense to me Here is the last few lines in my mail.log file

postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Apr 12 18:59:09 othere-MS-7522 postfix/smtpd[13016]: fatal: parameter "smtpd_recipient_restrictions": specify at least one working instance of: check_relay_domains, reject_unauth_destination, reject, defer or defer_if_permit
Apr 12 18:59:10 othere-MS-7522 postfix/master[2023]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 13016 exit status 1
Apr 12 18:59:10 othere-MS-7522 postfix/master[2023]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

Forget about the kind of spouting that collects rainwater. There is an error in the part of main.cf which says:

It contains a space that shouldn't be there, which is why postfix is complaining ("spouting an error") about "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" It should be:

reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Forget about the kind of spouting that collects rainwater. There is an error in the part of main.cf which says:

reject_rbl_client relays.o rdb.orgIt contains a space that shouldn't be there, which is why postfix is complaining ("spouting an error") about "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" It should be:

reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org

Just fixed the space restarted postfix tried to send a email to name@127.0.0.1 didn't get it also tried to send a mail to name@ip didn't get it

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Ok so I just watched my mail log as i tried to send a email to my self via name@ip
heres what I got in the mail.log I changed the name and the ip to othere and ip address

from=<othere@127.0.0.1>, size=606, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/error[4603]: 509E55E05D9: to=<othere@IP address>, relay=none, delay=0.35, delays=0.26/0/0/0.09, dsn=5.1.3, status=bounced (bad address syntax)
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/cleanup[4597]: 9ED7F5E05DA: message-id=<20120412233234.9ED7F5E05DA@localhost>
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/bounce[4604]: 509E55E05D9: sender non-delivery notification: 9ED7F5E05DA
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/qmgr[3877]: 9ED7F5E05DA: from=<>, size=2317, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/qmgr[3877]: 509E55E05D9: removed
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/error[4603]: 9ED7F5E05DA: to=<othere@127.0.0.1>, relay=none, delay=0.27, delays=0.18/0/0/0.09, dsn=5.1.3, status=bounced (bad address syntax)
Apr 12 19:32:34 othere-MS-7522 postfix/qmgr[3877]: 9ED7F5E05DA: removed

SeijiSensei
April 13th, 2012, 03:25 AM
You need to send to name@[127.0.0.1] if you want to use an IP address as the domain part.

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
You need to send to name@[127.0.0.1] if you want to use an IP address as the domain part.

alright so that worked to send mail to my self but if i try it from say gmail it doesn't send the mail gmail says this

The address "othere@[ip address]" in the "To" field was not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

SeijiSensei
April 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
That's a gmail issue. I'm not surprised they don't support IP-based pseudo-domains.

lisati
April 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
alright so that worked to send mail to my self but if i try it from say gmail it doesn't send the mail gmail says this

The address "othere@[ip address]" in the "To" field was not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

gmail could be expecting the email addresses in the form others@gmail.com like you would use when using webmail or an email client.

SeijiSensei
April 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM
He has the IP address in the To: field. In principle, that should work, as it's defined in RFC 2821 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2821#section-4.1.3). Sadly, these days conforming to RFCs isn't as common as it once was because of spamming.

Just as a test, I sent myself an email from a Linux server I maintain to my own inbound SMTP server using that server's IP address. It appeared in my inbox with my username and the server's FQDN replacing the [IP] pseudo-domain. Both these machines are running sendmail.

I'd guess it's more of a defense on Google's part against spammers sending thousands of messages to user@[ip.addr.of.target].

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
He has the IP address in the To: field. In principle, that should work.

Just as a test, I sent myself an email from a Linux server I maintain to my own inbound SMTP server using that server's IP address. It appeared in my inbox with my username and the server's FQDN replacing the [IP] pseudo-domain. Both these machines are running sendmail.

I'd guess it's more of a defense on Google's part against spammers sending thousands of messages to user@[ip.addr.of.target].
I just tried to send my self a email from http://www.sendanonymousemail.net/send.php
It says it sent but I never got it can you try and send a email to this address to see if I get it?

othere@[ip address]
I'll pm the info if you gonna do it

SeijiSensei
April 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I get "stat=Deferred: Connection reset by [75.106.165.143]".

If I telnet to port 25 at that address, I get a connection but no response from the Postfix daemon. It just hangs rather than giving me a "banner" confirming that the server is listening and awaiting SMTP commands like this:

220 mail.example.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:31:19 -0400

This is the banner from standard sendmail; the Postfix banner has slightly different text, as I recall, but I should still get a "220" response.

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I get "stat=Deferred: Connection reset by [75.106.165.143]". Either the port is closed or Postfix isn't listening.

If I telnet to port 25 at that address, I get a connection but no response from the MTA daemon. It just hangs after confirming the connection. I should get a "banner" confirming that the server is listening and awaiting SMTP commands.
I seen were you were trying to connect at first My firewall was blocking it but once i seen you trying to connect I opened the port thats how come you could telnet to it It's also why it was blocked at first sorry about that

SeijiSensei
April 13th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I seen were you were trying to connect at first My firewall was blocking it but once i seen you trying to connect I opened the port thats how come you could telnet to it It's also why it was blocked at first sorry about that

I get the same result. I can connect but it hangs.

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I get the same result. I can connect but it hangs.
I find that very odd I may have screwed something up because my telnet localhost 25 is hanging as well I'm going to try a reboot to see if it fix that

otherethe
April 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I find that very odd I may have screwed something up because my telnet localhost 25 is hanging as well I'm going to try a reboot to see if it fix that
I think I fixed it I rebooted and it still hung up so I edited the config files I can now connect via localhost and ip via telnet 25 and shows the banner can you confirm??? and try to send a email now

otherethe
April 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I think I fixed it I rebooted and it still hung up so I edited the config files I can now connect via localhost and ip via telnet 25 and shows the banner can you confirm??? and try to send a email now
alright I found a few websites who send email with no dns look up and it sent to me the [ ] is really all I needed that and to reconfigure postfix i messed it up pretty bad trying to twink it lmfao I'm not sure how to close these so ;0