PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ring switcher (in compiz) now requires pressing Enter to select

msundman
April 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
The ring switcher used to select the focused window when releasing the key, but now when I release the key the ring just stays there on screen and I have to press Enter for it to acknowledge my selection.

Is there any way to make it work like it used to (and like pretty much all other window switchers do)?

msundman
April 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Btw, I'm running precise.

Also, if my description was inadequate:
1. My "Next Window" keybinding is "<Super>Tab".
2. I press and hold down 'Super'.
3. While holding down 'Super' I'm pressing 'Tab' until my terminal window is focused.
4. I'm releasing 'Super'.
5. Now the ring switcher should close and select my terminal window, but nothing happens!
6. I have to press 'Enter' for the ring switcher to close and select my terminal window. :(

sparhawkthesecond
May 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hi, not sure if this is solved yet, but this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966852) might be related?

msundman
May 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Changing the key for the launcher did indeed solve this for me. However, I would like to use the <Super> key for the launcher as well, but at least now I know where the bug is. Thanks!

sparhawkthesecond
May 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM
You might also be seeing this bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/995885). I'm finding Unity quite frustrating at the moment!

bigbig999
May 13th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I have the same problem, I'm trying to use Compiz ShiftSwitcher with <Super><Tab> & <Super><Shift><Tab>. I first disabled the conflicting entries in the Unity Plugin then enabled ShiftSwitcher. I can change the windows fine, but I got to press enter or click with he mouse to select the window to focus on.

I don't get how you fixed this problem, please explain in detail.

Thank you very much.

sparhawkthesecond
May 14th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure, I just came across both threads while googling something unrelated. Perhaps msundman can help you, or you could try posting in the original (linked) thread.

brunobliss
June 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
I'm having this problem as well,

Shift Switcher behaviour should be:

SUPER+TAB to display cover mode, tapping TAB (while holding SUPER) to switch between applications. Release SUPER to focus on selected application.

Current status is:

SUPER+TAB enters shift swticher's cover mode and it stands there. Pressing SUPER+TAB or enter will close it and focus on the selected application.

sparhawkthesecond
June 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm having this problem as well

Did you read the thread I linked above?

msundman
June 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM
IIRC I just selected Ubuntu Unity Plugin and changed the "Key to show the launcher" from "<Super>" to "<Alt><Super>" and then it started working.