PDA

View Full Version : I always choose NVidia because of there support for Linux

ade234uk
June 13th, 2006, 07:24 AM
When I buy a Video card I choose Nvidia becuase of their support for Linux. Nvidia know this too so they are making things better.

When I had an ATI card I had a pig of a time. As far as I am concerned ATI do not deserve any custom from the Linux community whatsoever until they get their finger out and provide better support for us.

I we email them and tell them why we choose NVidia they might wake up.

RudolfMDLT
June 13th, 2006, 07:39 AM
until they get their finger out and provide better support for us.

Ditto!

nalmeth
June 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Yes, NVIDIA can get control of the linux market with this kind of attention all the time. Realistically, if I were in the market for a new video card right now, I'd have to go with NVIDIA.

But they should still be doing better. No budging yet on opening their video driver.

mostwanted
June 13th, 2006, 09:49 AM
My prefered choice would have been a laptop with Intel graphics because they support Linux (open source drivers developed by Intel themselves), but I couldn't find one I liked and it became Nvidia instead. Just because Nvidia makes better proprietary drivers than ATI doesn't make them any less proprietary.

Kindred
June 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM
ATI have been releasing updated drivers on an almost monthly basis for some time now, they are trying it seems. Incidentally, i've had no real problems with my ATI card.. and like the option of using the open source drivers if I wish.