PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How to change panel color and font size

Ralph L
April 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
With the kubuntu default panels I can barely read the Task Manager text. Under ubuntu I would right-click the panel, select Properties, and select the panel color. I can't seem to do this with kubuntu. Can anybody tell me how to change the panel color and the text size?

Any help appreciated!!
Ralph

Zorael
April 9th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I can't say I completely agree with the design decision, but this is solely at the discretion of the theme creator, and the only way to change the panel color is by changing your plasma theme. Look to System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop Theme (or so; I'm not at a computer so I can't check).

Likewise that's the only way to change the panel opacity, so if you don't want a translucent panel, look for a solid theme that follows your color settings. Aya does this and is included in the default installation, and there are a couple more available via Get Hot New Stuff (kde-look.org).

It's possible to customize a theme to keep using the bits you like and only replace select elements, so you may want to try to either change the panel and/or the task manager theme. They have separate settings.

As for font size, System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Fonts (or so). There should be a setting for the task manager font there.

kio_http
April 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM
About panel text, if you use "icon only task manager" instead of taskmanager, you get a windows 7 superbar style taskbar and don't have to bother about text.

If your graphic card is good enough, use the blur plugin in "desktop effects settings" to make text more visible.