PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reboot now doesn't work

dbonneau
April 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I am currently using window xp 64bit and trying to install ubuntu by clicking "reboot now" option in Reboot Required under Demo and full installation button in Ubuntu menu of CD/USB ( I tried both from cd and usb). But I can't reboot my machine to install ubuntu. Could you anyone help me how to do that ?

Thanks.

tehchibipanda
April 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
So you're under the LIVE installation where you can test Ubuntu, then? If so, open terminal by pressing control+alt+T and type in sudo reboot. See if that works.

dbonneau
April 9th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hi,

What do yo mean LIVE installation? I am sorry. i am pretty new to this ubuntu.. Where can I find that ? I am using window xp. I tried control+alt+t but nothing happens.. Thanks.

tehchibipanda
April 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM
OH so you're still logged into windows, I misread your post. Sorry about that. Have you tried removing the media with ubuntu, and restarting, and booting from said device? Like with my computer....Reboot > Push escape > Go to boot options in the BIOS, and choose USB drive, or CD Drive. It will enable that device to load first, and give you the option to install. Your computer may be slightly different than mine, but that's what I had to do.

dbonneau
April 9th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Hi, Could you please tell me how to remove the media with ubuntu, and restarting, and booting from device ?

Could you tell me how to do "reboot > escape to go to boot option ?
When I restart XP, it doesn't even show load screen ( load bar in XP) that I can't even access to BIOS.... Is there a way to just wipe out my current XP first and then install Ubuntu ? Thanks.