PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Blinking cursor after burning to disc

leilton
April 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Whilst I offer my thanks to all those who tried to help with the problem re Wireless Connection, you will note that I have marked same as Solved.

No it is not, but I see no point in continuing to try and fix something that Ubuntu should have sorted out before they updated, or whatever it is they did..

Left me with one other problem, which I hope you will excuse my adding here. Decided to take my own advise and Download and try and install 11.04, to see if any better.

Anyone explain why, when I have burnt same to disc, all I get is the cursor sitting for hours on the screen and nothing else. Yes no problem using player for audio or movies, just data.

Again my thanks, and I'm sorry to have put so many of you to so much trouble.

:confused:

nothingspecial
April 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

Title changed to reflect problem.

dylan07
April 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Is your video driver up to date?

2F4U
April 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Does that happen when you run from a liveCD or is Ubuntu already installed? If it is on the liveCD, can you press F6 and select nomodeset and see if you are able to boot?

leilton
April 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

Title changed to reflect problem.

Thank you, yes I do, have done same on other occasions.

Will try suggestions given by others

):P

leilton
April 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Is your video driver up to date?

Has assumed that as I can play DVDs, Play music cds etc, that they must be, and I have an Open Susie Live CD that functions with no problem.

But, come weekend, will give another try.

:confused:

leilton
April 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Does that happen when you run from a liveCD or is Ubuntu already installed? If it is on the liveCD, can you press F6 and select nomodeset and see if you are able to boot?

No, can install and use open Susie with no problem.

Will try your suggestion this weekend. Thanks

):P