PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu install / uninstall issues

Alphamonkey
April 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hi, I installed Kubuntu via wubi under my windows 7 installation because i was debating between kubuntu and fedora 16 kde spin i wanted to try kubuntu out. Well, I decided to install it onto my hard drive and ran into some problems. I have two maxtor PATA drives. One is 200gb the other is 120gb. My windows installation is on the 200gig drive. I wanted to shrink the windows install and put kubuntu alongside it because I need the other drive for something else. When I went to install kubuntu did not give me the option to install on my 200gig drive. I figured this might be because the wubi install is affecting its ability to resize the partition. I have no idea if thats true or not btw. I tried to uninstall the wubi install via the control panel in windows and it said it successfully uninstalled. I restarted my computer and the wubi kubuntu still showed up. I figured maybe I needed to load into windows to complete the uninstall. Did so and rebooted. Wubi kubuntu still showed up so I booted into it and looked around. All the programs, updates, and everything was gone. I don't know how to get rid of it. So in short my two questions are:
How do i get rid of the wubi install &
Why wouldn't it let me resize windows.

Thanks for any help.