PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] System Tray Notifications' Error (Kget)

nipunshakya
April 7th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Hi everyone. I have a problem related to system tray notifications.
I recently switched completely to ubuntu from windows coz i liked it. Now i got a problem.
I installed Kget to download files. By default, its settings are such that Settings> Configure Kget> Advanced (bottom left panel) > Enable System Tray.

I knew tray notifications had some problems regarding unity. so, i installed dconf-editor and from there, i did all necessary changes as desktop>unity>panel> and under the systray-whitelist , i set the value to ['all'] so that the apps that let enable tray notifications can easily be shown up.

But with kget, i got weird thing.
When i close kget and repoen it, i get a message saying that kget is already running. Strange thing is it even doesn't show up in notification area when closed though. So i have to execute

killall kgeteverytime i use kget.

If i uncheck the option to enable system tray for kget via its own settings(as above), i can close it and again restart it without having to use the killall kget command anymore.

Surely its a problem of unity being unable to handle tray notifications...(thats how i understood) But is there any way around to solve this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,WinuxUser