PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrading 9.10 to the latest version

daniel4230877
April 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there was a faster way to upgrade my OS from Ubuntu 9.10 to the latest version instead of upgrading to every one between the two. If not, I'll simply download the latest version. Thanks!

jerrrys
April 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Wait till the end of this month and download the latest release. Ubuntu Precise 12.04

darkod
April 7th, 2012, 06:58 PM
If you prefer to try an upgrade instead of a clean install, people have reported that if you burn a cd with 11.10 (or 12.04 after it comes out, better option) and put the cd in while running 9.10, it should offer to upgrade. In this case you don't need to go version by version like if you are doing it online.

I haven't tried the above but people say the upgrade option has shown for them.

If it doesn't with the standard desktop image (live cd), try with the alternate cd too. I think it had the upgrade option available also.

na5h
April 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Wait till the end of this month and download the latest release. Ubuntu Precise 12.04

I agree, it is the easiest way! It's also a good idea to always run the latest version off a Live CD first, to make sure that everything is working the way it should before hitting any upgrade/install buttons. Furthermore, you should always make a backup of your files just to make sure.

QIII
April 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
DO BACKUPS.

DO BACKUPS.

DO BACKUPS.

Oh, did I mention to do good backups?