PDA

View Full Version : filezilla for linux looking good, infact better than Window

ade234uk
June 12th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I thought I would hop on over to filezilla and see how it was coming on for Linux. I am quite impressed and will go as far as saying that its looking nicer than the Windows version. Take a look.

http://filezilla-project.org/nightly.php

Geekboy
June 27th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Just downloaded and tried it. Works very nice. I like the way it works for chmoding a file. I can put in a numeric value. I wish GFTP had that feature.

Great find! Thanks.

nalmeth
June 27th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Cool, always used it back in Windows days, will have to try it.

GFTP does everything I need it to so far though

aysiu
June 27th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I used to run FileZilla in Wine. It was by far the best FTP program I found.

FireFTP is getting close, though.

croak77
June 27th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I used to run FileZilla in Wine. It was by far the best FTP program I found.

Better then ncftp or mc?

basketcase
June 27th, 2006, 05:57 AM
funny thing is I have a $90 ftp program that I purchased a while back for my windows box. I like the features that most light-weight ftp programs don't offer, but for quick and dirty ftp, I fall back to filezilla and find myself doing it more and more.

I'll definitely have to put that on my 6.06 box!!

aysiu
June 27th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Better then ncftp or mc?
Haven't tried those, actually. Are they command-line FTP utilities?

zenwhen
June 27th, 2006, 11:52 AM
This is pretty nice. I also used to use Filezilla in WIndows and will be glad when this is stable enough to replace gftp. I do a lot of things with the command line. Dealing with lots of file scattered though random directories is not one of them.

XQC
June 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Anybody care to share screenshots or, even better, a deb file?

bojzi
August 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Anybody care to share screenshots or, even better, a deb file?

http://kaisman.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?ubuntu-dapper-drake-installer-filezilla

Rackerz
August 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
How do you use the nightly build? I had it running before but I've forgotten. I tried to run the files in the bin folder but they didn't seem to want to work.

Kodiak3000
August 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I hate to sound like the total noobie I am, but how does one GET FileZilla for Ubuntu, and how does one install it? The first link takes me to nightly builds which I don't know how to use (but would if could get a little help) and the second one takes me to a page mostly in French. I know some French, but not enough to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with a file I don't know how to deal with.

Thanks...

william_nbg
August 17th, 2006, 09:19 AM
You don't have to install it. I just unpacked it, and in the bin directory you'll find an exeuc file - just double click on it. Or set up a launcher linking to that file.

I've been using the newset snapshot and haven't had anyproblems with it.

basketcase
August 20th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Got tired of gFTP, so I figured I'd give this a shot. So far, I like it better than gFTP