PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation 11.10

Zettaichi
April 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Hey guys,

I have an interesting problem here.
I have install several times ubuntu 11.10 on my personal desktop

intel i7 950 3.03 GHz with 8gbs in ram and a Radeo HD 6950 1GB; I never had a problem with the installation other than the AMD video card was not fully supported at some points and worked better once i install its drivers. After a few weeks I decided to install WoW in my linux desktop and came to find out that my video card was not fully supported and so I order a Geforce 560 ti ftw edition 448 core.

As I installed it and pre to get it setup in ubuntu, well lets just say I was not able to go pass the loading part of it. So I just said ok I'll reinstall it, anyways I could reset my partitions.

As I started to run Ubuntu instalation (both from a disk and from a pendrive) I could not get pass the loading screen, it got hanged in a shell screen loading up the different things I have connected to my cpu (mouse, keyboard and so on) and then stayed there for hours at the time w/o doing anything.

so after that I put back my radeo and well everything was fine.

Any idea whats going on here?

Paddy Landau
April 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
It seems to me that the Radeo is not supported on Linux. Try Googling your model, but I think you may have problems with that card and Linux.

Zettaichi
April 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Thats the funny thing the radeo is not supported yet i can use it.

yet the evga nvidia should b supported and I cant really use it