PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Notifications in G.N.O.M.E. Shell

jimmydean886-2
April 4th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hello all, just wanted to ask a quick question.

Whenever I log into G.N.O.M.E. Shell, and a notification is sent to pop up, it pops up in a plain classic OSD similar to Notify-OSD except you can click on it to get rid of it. The notifications never come up in G.N.O.M.E. Shell notifier, unless it is the kind that says "Window" is ready. What happened?

Frogs Hair
April 5th, 2012, 02:01 AM
The Gnome shell uses a different notification system than notify OSD in Ubuntu . Is that what you are noticing ?

jimmydean886-2
April 5th, 2012, 02:48 AM
No. The notifications that would normally show up on the bottom of the screen are showing up in essentially the same shape, size and placement as Notify-OSD, only there are no effects, and click to hide, not mouseover to hide.

jimmydean886-2
April 5th, 2012, 02:51 AM
The G.N.O.M.E. Shell notification system doesn't seem to be working.

These strange notification bubbles are overriding it or something.

xfcenotifyd is not installed, it's only KDE plasma, Notify-OSD, G.N.O.M.E. Shell, IceWM, and Xfce. I always have these installed, and this never happened before. This started happening spontaneously.

jimmydean886-2
April 5th, 2012, 02:52 AM
The G.N.O.M.E. Shell notification system doesn't seem to be working.

These strange notification bubbles are overriding it or something.

xfcenotifyd is not installed, it's only KDE plasma, Notify-OSD, G.N.O.M.E. Shell, IceWM, and Xfce. I always have these installed, and this never happened before. This started happening spontaneously.

One exception is the kind that says things like:

Debconf-Communicate
debconf on Geekmachine is ready