PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MTNL 3G modem installation issue

chilli16
April 4th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Hi this is my first post so please dont get angry for basic errors, I have installed Ubuntu yesterday since then I am trying to install modem in my lenovo netbook. below are my efforts
1. I am in root user
2. first method - i have dried modeswitch ,, it gives device busy error
3. Second method - alternatively i tried to install manufacturer deb package (link removed)
, it gives some success recognize signals accept settings in application interface but ------------

when i try to click on connect whole application interface disappear and no internet connection is achieved...

critin
April 4th, 2012, 06:50 AM
3. Second method - alternatively i tried to install manufacturer deb package (download from my dropbox (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39846097/deb%20file.zip))Do you realize this link is clickable and could be clicked by anyone? Not a good idea.
What kind of modem are you trying to install? Cable internet?

chilli16
April 4th, 2012, 06:53 AM
its a 3G internet connection USB modem
for more information below is link
http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/tariff-plans

critin
April 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Sorry, I've never used these. Did you read the instructions on that page, they seem pretty thorough.

Plug & Play: Simply plug the USB modem into your computer and access Internet with broadband speeds on the move.Guess this didn't work, huh? Linux driver needed?

Did you turn the computer off, plug the usb in and then turn the computer back on with usb in place?

chilli16
April 4th, 2012, 07:50 AM
NO, I didnot

where can i get drivers??
is there any trouble shoot expert?

What i dont understand is that why on clicking 'internet' connection tab in applicaiton user interface the whole application dissappear.
in windows 7 and XP same device works extreamly good ???

i want to get into ubuntu because of IP attacks..

critin
April 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Did you turn the computer off, plug the usb in and then turn the computer back on with usb in place?

NO, I didnot

I suggest you try that. Turn it off, Leave the usb in and turn the comp on. Many times it will automatically find it and it will work.

The same happens with little things like a new usb mouse--plug it in and then turn on the computer.

chilli16
April 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
ok will try after i reach home, further i found wvdial stuff, hope it works..
):P