PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where does cinnamon store menu xml files?

Kilarin
April 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cant stand Unity, tried xcfe, but missed some of the functionality of gnome 2, such as the ability to re-arrange buttons on the task bar. So, I'm giving cinnamon a try. I installed it on my Ubuntu 11.10 machine.

My menus seem to have a serious problem. When I click on the menu button, it can take a long time for the menu to pop up. When I try to edit them using alacarte, it starts out slow and gets slower with each item I move. I can watch the available memory on the machine shrink and shrink until everything locks up. I suspect that the menu xml is malformed. I'd like to take a try at correcting it by hand.

BUT, I can't figure out where cinnamon stores its menu xml files. This should be simple, but cinnamon is new and every search I do for "where cinnamon stores menu files" directs me to links discussing cinnamon's gnome 2 style menus, not where the actual xml is.

Can anyone point me to where cinnamon stores its menu files?

thanks.

Ravi5kumar
April 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I don't think so that you will get any support regarding cinnamon. Cinnamon is supported by Linux mint not by Ubuntu. Ubuntu only support Gnome 3, Unity , KDE and LXDE desktop environment. If you want any help go to the cinnamon.linuxmint.com. Sorry!

Regards Ravi.

Kilarin
April 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM
thank you, I'll try my question there.